Skip Navigation
Skip to Menu Toggle Button

Lost, Unclaimed, or Dated Refund Checks

Contact Student Accounts
Unit Departments

Payments, Refunds, Direct Deposit, Service Indicator Hold:

Payment Plans, 1098-T's, Undeliverable Refunds Checks, Copies/Stop Payments/Tracing Refund Checks, Financial Aid Book Allowance, R2T4:

E-statement, Dunning, Collections (CCU), Prior Balance Payment Plans:

Third Party Military (active duty):

Third Party Veterans:

Third Party Civilians & Corporate:

Third Party Invoicing and Collections:

Learn what to do if you have not received your refund check for financial aid or your student account.

If you have not received your refund check for financial aid or your student account balance at University of Maryland Global Campus and believe that it may be lost due to a change of address or other reason, you can follow the steps below to request a stop payment on the original check so that a new one can be reissued to you.

Changes of Address

Financial aid and regular refund checks are issued to your address of record. You are responsible for keeping your personal contact information up to date in your Profile in MyUMGC. If you had an address change or failed to update your address prior to the release of the refund check by the State of Maryland Treasurer's Office, the check may become undeliverable, lost, or outstanding. If your student account or financial aid refund check is deemed undeliverable by the post office, we will contact you by e-mail asking for your new address. Funds from unclaimed student refund checks are forwarded to the State of Maryland.

Financial Aid Refund Checks

Federal regulations require you to cash a federally funded refund check (Title IV Funds) within a timely manner. Please note, all refund checks expire 180 days (six months) from the issue date of the check. Unfortunately, we are not able to reissue Title IV funds if your check expires. If a refund check is never cashed, UMGC must return the funds to the Department of Education within 240 days of the original refund issue date. UMGC will cancel the check and the funds will be returned to the loan or grant program that created the credit balance.

Important Things to Know About Requesting a Stop Payment/Reissue

  • If you are requesting a stop payment on a check released from UMGC, you must certify that you have waited a minimum of 45 days before sending your request.
  • Once we receive your stop payment form, a stop payment will be placed on the original check. Therefore, if you receive the check in the mail, you may not cash it. If you cash or deposit the check, you will be liable for all costs incurred by your financial institution, not UMGC.
  • The reissue of a refund check can take up to 60 calendar days from the time it was requested.
  • Replacement checks or copies will come from the State of Maryland's Treasurer's Office, not UMGC.
  • If the check was paid, a copy of the canceled check will be provided if requested.

Submit a Stop Payment/Check Trace Request Form

The Stop Payment/Check Trace Request form may be completed and faxed to 301-985-7858emailed to student accounts or mailed to:

University of Maryland Global Campus
3501 University Blvd. East
Office of Student Accounts
Adelphi, MD 20783

Make sure to date and sign the form.

Refund Disbursement

Find out how to receive your tuition refund, including how to set up direct deposit.

Contact Us

Our helpful admissions advisors can help you choose an academic program to fit your career goals, estimate your transfer credits, and develop a plan for your education costs that fits your budget. If you’re a current UMGC student, please visit the Help Center.

Personal Information
Contact Information
Additional Information
This field is required.
This field is required.

By submitting this form, you acknowledge that you intend to sign this form electronically and that your electronic signature is the equivalent of a handwritten signature, with all the same legal and binding effect. You are giving your express written consent without obligation for UMGC to contact you regarding our educational programs and services using e-mail, phone, or text, including automated technology for calls and/or texts to the mobile number(s) provided. For more details, including how to opt out, read our privacy policy or contact an admissions advisor.

Please wait, your form is being submitted.