Europe & Asia Eligibility
Please review eligibility requirements for UMGC Europe and UMGC Asia students.
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, American employees of the U.S. Government, and their family members residing within an overseas contracted site in Europe or downrange are not eligible for the Alumni Winter Term Scholarship if registering for the Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in cybersecurity technology, Master of Science in cloud computing architecture, Master of Science in cybersecurity management and policy, or Master of Science in digital forensics and cyber investigation offered by UMGC Europe.
Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, American employees of the U.S. Government or contracted to work for the U.S. Government, and their family members residing within an overseas contracted site in Asia are eligible for the Alumni Winter Term Scholarship if they meet the other scholarship eligibility criteria and register for one of the following master's degrees offered by UMGC Stateside:
- Master of Science in cybersecurity management and policy
- Master of Science in cybersecurity technology
- Master of Science in digital forensics and cyber investigation
They are not eligible for the scholarship if registering for the Master of Business Administration or the Master of Science in transformational leadership offered by UMGC Asia.
How to Apply
Apply to UMGC:
- Complete the UMGC application for admission.
- Send UMGC official transcripts for college coursework completed outside of UMGC; you do not need to complete this step for your previously completed UMGC coursework, if applicable.
- Talk to an admissions advisor if you have questions about the application process or need help selecting your MBA or cybersecurity courses.
We will contact you if you are selected to receive this scholarship.
- The Alumni Winter Term Scholarship cannot be combined with any UMGC tuition discount except for the FED Program discount.
- The Alumni Winter Term Scholarship is disbursed in increments and your award amount is dependent upon your transfer credits and course load.
- Funding is applied in the following increments.
- The term after you earn your 13th credit
- The term after you earn your 25th credit
- You must be enrolled in order for scholarship funding to be disbursed to your account.
- The following chart provides an example of how transfer credit and UMGC credit loads affect the amount and disbursement of scholarship funds for graduate students.
Scenario: Transferring in 0–6 Credits, Taking 6 Credits Term 1
|Award Earned||Award Applied||Award Amount|
|Completion of 12 credits||Term after 13th credit is earned||$500|
|Completion of 24 credits||Term after 25th credit is earned||$500|
Please Note: Withdrawal from all courses in a term in which the award is applied will result in the Alumni Winter Term Scholarship being canceled for that term. Your balance will be recalculated, and you will be responsible for any outstanding amounts. You will receive the scholarship in the next term in which you are eligible and enroll.
Receiving a tuition discount through the UMGC Federal Education and Development Program does not disqualify you from the Alumni Winter Term Scholarship. You can still qualify for the scholarship as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.