Build highly transferable skills and knowledge with an online communication or liberal arts degree.
Liberal arts programs at University of Maryland Global Campus provide a well-rounded education that can be easily customized with a variety of minors. Hone your communication skills; deepen your understanding of the world through cultural studies, history, and psychology; or tackle current issues with social and political science. An online liberal arts degree or certificate can help you develop vital skills to succeed in any industry. Want to know more about where a liberal arts degree can take you? UMGC also offers students and alumni lifetime career services and a strong global community to help build your network.
- Undergraduate Certificates
- Graduate Certificates
Featured Liberal Arts & Communication Programs
Why Study Liberal Arts & Communication at UMGC?
UMGC is dedicated to providing a well-rounded education that helps you sharpen your communication skills and broaden your perspective.
- Learn to think critically: UMGC's online programs can help you develop your global perspective, become an innovative thinker, and solve complex problems.
- Learn practical skills: Build the foundational competencies employers want, including communication and interpersonal skills, a global perspective, and the ability to research and analyze.
- Take courses online: UMGC courses are designed from the ground up for collaborative online learning.
- Earn a respected degree: UMGC was founded over 75 years ago to meet the needs of working adults. We pair the flexibility of online learning with the reputation of a public state university.
- Save on materials: Study from anywhere with no-cost digital course materials for nearly all classes.
- Support for job-seekers: UMGC’s career services include resume-writing advice, interview tips, and in-person and online job fairs.
- Get credit for your experience: Qualifying prior work, training, and military experience can all be applied toward your degree.
- Choose from a variety of career paths: A liberal arts, communication, or humanities degree provides practical career preparation applicable to a wide range of industries.
Jennifer A. BA in English, Military Family Member