Explore our career-focused online programs, convenient and flexible learning options, and affordable tuition.
There are countless options when it comes to continuing your education. But there's only one of you. You have your own learning style, background, job history, life commitments, and personal goals. You need a university that sees you as a unique individual and understands that when you choose to pursue higher education, the rest of your life doesn't stop.
University of Maryland Global Campus was founded more than 75 years ago specifically to serve the higher education needs of working adults and servicemembers just like you. UMGC’s online classes offer you the flexibility and convenience to study at your own pace, on your own time, while enabling you to make the personal connections that create a rewarding and enjoyable learning experience. Our dedicated faculty, staff, and advisors are here to ensure you have everything you need to achieve and become all that you envision.
In our 75 years of operation, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of students succeed with their degree. As working adults, you've already had proven successes in your personal and professional life. At UMGC, we’ll help you succeed again.
Education for Working Adults
Going back to school is an important decision. At UMGC, we respect your time, so let's get right to it. Here's why we think we're the right university for you:
- When we say, "Global Campus," we mean it. UMGC offers online courses that you can access anywhere, and we have more than 175 classroom and service locations worldwide, including at military installations.
- Our 125+ degrees and certificates are designed to equip you with real-world skills. Courses in our undergraduate and graduate programs are taught by our faculty of experienced scholar-practitioners who are leaders in their fields.
- We offer a truly online learning experience. UMGC courses are designed from the ground up to be collaborative online learning experiences that prepare you for today's digital business environment. Plus, we've replaced nearly every textbook with no-cost digital course materials to allow you to study from anywhere and to help keep your education costs down.
- Your accomplishments and experience matter more to us than test scores. Our streamlined admissions process doesn't require the SAT®1 or GRE, and we offer multiple start dates throughout the year, so you can get started whenever you're ready. Plus, you can earn credit for what you already know.
- Serving the military is in our DNA. Sure, we know the ins and outs of Tuition Assistance and veterans benefits, but our commitment to you is so much more than that. We've been serving the armed forces since 1947, so we uniquely understand the challenges you face in earning your degree.
- As a student or alumni, you'll enjoy lifetime access to our career services and resources. We offer unwavering support at any stage of your career. Whether you need career support 10 days or 10 years after graduation, we are here for you.
Samba J., Watertown, NY, BS in Computer Networks & Cybersecurity