Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty (Chapter 30) benefits are paid directly to you in monthly benefits based on your training time. Please see the details below.
Use the chart below to ensure that you register for enough credits based on the length of the session. For instance, in an eight-week session, you must take at least 5 credits to receive your maximum benefit.
|Credits||1 week||2 weeks||3 weeks||4 weeks||5 weeks||6 weeks||7 weeks||8 weeks|
- 12-week programs (3-term per calendar year programs) require 9 credits to be full time.
- 11-week programs (4-term per calendar year programs) require 6 credits to be full time.
- Students in 13-week doctoral sessions are full time at 6 credits.
Percent of Eligibility
Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits are paid based on your percent of eligibility and the rate at which you pursue your degree. Please see the details below.
Length of Service (Based on Aggregate Active-Duty Service after September 10, 2001) & Your Maximum Benefit
- At least 36 months = 100%
- At least 30 continuous days on active duty (must be discharged due to service-connected disability) = 100%
- At least 30 months, but less than 36 months (includes entry-level and skill training) = 90%
- At least 24 months, but less than 30 months (includes entry-level and skill training) = 80%
- At least 18 months, but less than 24 months = 70%
- At least 12 months, but less than 18 months = 60%
- At least 6 months, but less than 12 months = 50%
- At least 90 days, but less than 6 months = 40%