At University of Maryland Global Campus, undergraduate students must submit official transcripts from all institutions previously attended, including high school and any colleges. Effective August 24, 2021, students who graduated from a U.S regionally accredited or state-approved high school or completed a state high school equivalency exam (such as the GED) may submit a UMGC-issued Attestation Form certifying their graduation from high school or completion of a high school equivalency exam. At any time, UMGC may require that the student submit an official transcript or score report for audit or verification purposes. See undergraduate admissions for more information.

For most programs, graduate students can submit official transcripts demonstrating completion of a bachelor's degree by the last day of the first term of enrollment at UMGC. Some exceptions apply. See graduate admissions for more information.

Official Transcripts

Contact any previous U.S. institutions you attended to request that your official transcripts be sent to UMGC. If your previous institution offers a secure electronic method to send your transcripts, that option is recommended. If a "send-to" e-mail address is required, please use Otherwise, you may submit your official transcripts by mail in a sealed, unopened envelope issued by your previous institution/s.

International Study Records

UMGC has a separate process for the evaluation of international study transfer credit. International study must be evaluated by an independent approved agency and then sent to UMGC.

Military Education and Training Records

Getting credit for your military education and training is easy. Just submit your military transcripts.

For purposes of undergraduate admission for new students, UMGC accepts the Joint Services Transcript and Community College of the Air Force transcripts as proof of high school graduation or equivalency.

Professional/Industry Certifications Records

Submit appropriate documentation of any industry certifications, professional courses, and vocational and technical training you are seeking credit for.