Explore UMGC's online cybersecurity degrees, industry connections, and award-winning cyber competition team.
The field of cybersecurity is growing and evolving at a rapid pace, creating a huge demand for trained cyber professionals. University of Maryland Global Campus can help you gain the latest industry knowledge, cutting-edge technical skills, and real-world expertise you need to specialize in the cybersecurity field of your choice. UMGC offers a broad array of online cybersecurity degrees and certificates, continually updated and designed with input from industry leaders and cybersecurity experts. Plus, you’ll receive lifetime access to career services and resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
- Undergraduate Certificate
- Graduate Certificates
Why Study Cybersecurity at UMGC?
With innovative online cybersecurity degrees, industry connections, and an award-winning competition team, UMGC is a leading name in cybersecurity education and was named the 2023 Academic Partner of the Year by the EC-Council.
- Global campus: UMGC was founded to meet the needs of working adults. Take courses online knowing that your education is backed by the reputation of a public state university.
- Where the jobs are: Maryland's cybersecurity network includes 12 major military installations; 400 Federal, academic, and private research centers; and 50 Federal agencies. In addition, UMGC is headquartered between the DoD's Cyber Command in Maryland and the Cyber Corridor in Virginia.
- Cutting-edge curriculum: Our cybersecurity curriculum is continually updated and designed with input from leading employers and cybersecurity experts.
- Taught by faculty in the know: Many UMGC cybersecurity faculty members are experts in the field, providing you access to industry leaders.
- Hands-on experience: Some of UMGC's online cyber graduate courses utilize the Multi-Dimensional Applied Relevant System (MARS), an AI-driven virtual learning platform that allows students to demonstrate their abilities and apply their cyber skills in a practical, immersive environment.
- Globally-ranked cybersecurity team: The UMGC Cyber Competition Team provides students with real-world experience and networking opportunities.
Featured Cybersecurity Programs
Cybersecurity Program Designation
UMGC has been designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the National Security Agency and as a Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the DC3 Academic Cyber Curriculum Alliance.
Cate R. MS in Cybersecurity
Cybersecurity Awards & Recognitions
|EC-Council Academic Partner of the Year Award
|Cybersecurity Diversity Trailblazer Award
|Cybersecurity Association of Maryland, Inc.
|Gold Award for MARS: UMGC’s Virtual and AI Applied Learning Environment
|EC-Council Academic Circle of Excellence Award
|Best Cybersecurity Higher Education Program