Take the next step in achieving your educational goals by applying to University of Maryland Global Campus. Rolling admission and multiple start dates allow you to start pursuing your education whenever you're ready.
1. Apply to UMGC
It's easy to get started with our online application. You can complete your application now or return later to finish. We'll save your information so you can pick up right where you left off.
When you apply, it helps to have the following information handy:
- A copy of your transcript(s) listing dates of attendance as well as degree(s) and credits earned
- For military students and veterans, documents showing your date of separation and status
If you don't have these documents, you can still apply—just fill out the application to the best of your ability. An admissions advisor will follow up if we need any additional information.
After submitting your application, you'll be given access to your online student account, where you can check your application status, pay your application fee, and more. We will review your application within two business days and notify you if any additional documents are required.
- Military and veterans special instructions: Visit Steps to Apply for Military & Veterans. If you're relocating from UMGC Europe or UMGC Asia, you don't need to apply for admission again unless it has been two or more years since you've taken classes at UMGC. Visit your online student account to complete a relocation.
- Federal employees special instructions: Visit Steps to Apply for Federal Employees.
- Returning students: If you've missed a few semesters and want to get back on track, don't worry. You won't need to reapply unless you've been out of school for more than two years. Get tips for returning students.
- Application fee: After you submit your application for an undergraduate or graduate program, you will be charged a nonrefundable $50 application fee. The nonrefundable application fee for the doctoral program is $100.
2. Apply for Financial Aid and Explore Financing Options
The top reason students don't receive financial aid is that they never apply! We encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. By completing the FAFSA, you'll also be considered for UMGC scholarships. Learn more about federal financial aid and other ways to finance your education, including military and veterans benefits if you qualify.
3. Submit Your Transcripts
For undergraduate applicants, our admissions advisors can review unofficial transcripts to give you a tentative transfer credit evaluation. All applicants are required to submit official transcripts right away for admissions purposes. After we evaluate your official transcripts, you'll have a roadmap for the classes left in your degree.
4. Register for Classes
Even if your official transcript evaluation is still in the works, our admissions advisors can help you choose your first classes so you can hit the ground running. Learn more about registering for your first semester.