Originator: University Registrar and Vice Provost, Student Affairs
Subject: Religious Observances
- UMGC conforms to the Board of Regents Policy III-5.10 Concerning the Scheduling of Academic Assignments on Dates of Religious Observance, approved on January 11, 1990.
- So that the academic programs and services of UMGC shall be available to all qualified students who have been admitted to its programs, regardless of their religious beliefs, students shall not be penalized because of observances of their religious holidays. Students who miss a course session because of an observance of their religious beliefs must be allowed:
- to make up any examinations, other written tests, or class work,
- to have access to any handouts or other material distributed in class, and
- to have the opportunity to obtain or review any duplicated lecture notes or slides presented in class.
- UMGC prohibits scheduling examinations on the following religious holidays: Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and Good Friday.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|