The professional experience you build on the job as you study toward your degree could turn into college credit at University of Maryland Global Campus.
To participate in the program, you'll enter a learning agreement with your employer and a faculty mentor by submitting a learning proposal. You'll submit academic assignments related to your Workplace Learning experience and earn up to 6 credits each semester.
To sign up for Workplace Learning at UMGC, you'll need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled at UMGC as an undergraduate degree-seeking student
- Have completed 30 credits total, and at least 6 credits at UMGC
- Have completed 9 credits of coursework in the courses related to your field
- Have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.0 or better at UMGC
- Have a completed official evaluation on file
- Have spoken with an academic advisor about the program
How to Apply
Once you have met the eligibility requirements and secured a work opportunity, you can apply for this program by logging into your student account and completing the Workplace Learning application.