Get the latest info about UMGC's continued efforts to ensure a safe, healthy learning environment.
University of Maryland Global Campus is committed to providing a safe workplace and educational experience that promotes and protects the health of UMGC students, staff, faculty, and the community at large.
We will continue to monitor the response to COVID-19 and update this webpage for stateside as more information becomes available.
Last Updated: July 20, 2022
- UMGC has returned to hybrid learning at U.S. locations.
- To help protect our community, all students, staff, and faculty are encouraged to get vaccinated against COVID-19 if they will be taking classes on-site at any UMGC hybrid location.
- Students will not be required to submit proof of vaccination to enroll in or attend hybrid or online courses.
- All UMGC students taking hybrid courses are expected to adhere to any local, state, or site-specific requirements, including those requiring masks, social distancing, temperature screenings, and health attestations.
- For fall 2022 sessions, hybrid instruction for undergraduate 8-week courses will include two face-to-face sessions on-site with check-ins via Zoom, while graduate 11-to 12-week courses will have three face-to-face sessions on-site with check-ins via Zoom. For classes shorter than the examples mentioned, the number of face-to-face sessions may be reduced. Watch for more details provided by your instructor.
For More Information
COVID-19 vaccinations are free, whether an individual has health insurance or not. Vaccinations may be submitted for reimbursement through your health insurance where applicable. More information on COVID-19 vaccines can be found on the CDC website.
The CDC also provides information about community transmission levels along with updated federal guidance on COVID-19 that allows individuals to make informed decisions about additional health precautions based on COVID transmission rates in their communities.
For information from local health departments, please visit the following webpages: