At University of Maryland Global Campus, students come first in everything we do. We are a university designed around the needs of busy professionals. We understand that you'll be balancing work and family life with your education. We understand that pursuing your degree will be an investment both of your time and your finances. That's why UMGC strives to make earning your degree as convenient, flexible, and affordable as possible.
You won't have to wait for graduation to start seeing the impact of your education. At UMGC, we specialize in helping students like you gain knowledge that can increase your professional value, giving you the confidence you need to move your career forward. It starts with your very first class.
And as one of the largest public universities in the country, we are proud to have an expansive network of accomplished alumni.
Quick Facts About UMGC Students
If you're curious about who chooses to study at UMGC, here are some quick facts and figures about our student body:
- The median age of stateside undergraduate students is 30
- More than 80 percent of undergraduate students are working
- Nearly half of UMGC students are parents
- Approximately two-thirds of undergraduate students work full-time
- 60 percent of our worldwide student population were military and affiliates
- 85 percent of undergraduate degree recipients said that they would attend UMGC if they had to do it over again
- 81 percent of graduate degree recipients said that they would attend UMGC if they had to do it over again
- The median salary of our bachelor's degree recipients is more than $60,500
- The median salary of our master's and doctoral degree recipients is more than $75,000
- 29 percent of students are African American students
- Minority students constitute 51 percent of total enrollment