Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker, and Medal of Honor Recipient Capt. Florent Groberg (U.S. Army, Ret.) to Deliver Keynote Addresses
ADELPHI, Md. (April 19, 2016)—University of Maryland University College will celebrate its 2016 stateside commencement with three separate ceremonies at the Xfinity Center in College Park, Md., on May 14 and 15. Approximately 3,000 of the 9,989 graduates worldwide in the Class of 2016 will attend the stateside ceremonies.UMUC Stateside Commencement Ceremonies:
Saturday, May 14, 9:00 a.m., Xfinity Center, College Park, MD
- Keynote speaker: Rushern Baker, Prince George’s County Executive
- Student speaker: Monique Wardrick, B.A., Communication Studies (Waldorf, Maryland)
- Keynote speaker: Capt. Florent Groberg (U.S. Army, Ret.), recipient of the Medal of Honor, the highest U.S. military decoration
- Student Speaker: Eleazar Craig, B.A., Communication Studies (Hanover, Maryland)
- Keynote speaker: Brian Frosh, Maryland Attorney General
- Student Speaker: Michael Franklin, B.S., Political Science (Rockville, Maryland)
UMUC also holds commencement ceremonies for military personnel and their dependents at installations around the world (Tokyo, April 9; Okinawa, April 16; South Korea, April 23; Europe, April 30; and Guam, May 14).
Worldwide graduates represent all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia, and 22 countries and territories.
Facts about the UMUC Class of 2016:
Number of graduates stateside: 9,023
Number of graduates worldwide: 9,989
Average age of graduates: 35
Oldest graduate: 75
Youngest graduate: 19
Check out messages, photos and stories from UMUC graduates on Facebook and follow the conversation on Twitter using #UMUCGrad.
For information about UMUC commencement, please visit www.umuc.edu/commencement