Did you know that as a UMGC student or alumnus/a, you have exclusive access to a variety of online career tools that can assist in your job search and career development? You might already know that UMGC Career Services offers career advising appointments and hosts career events including employer recruiting sessions and informational webinars. However, most people are not familiar with the seven online, self-service tools housed within our CareerQuest job platform.
Each of these tools is free to use for UMGC students and alumni, and can be accessed from the home page of CareerQuest. They provide you with the ability to research companies and industries, search job postings, create resumes and job search correspondence, record practice interviews, assess your career strengths, and much more. Below is a listing of the tools, and a brief summary of each:
- CareerSpots – Access short, career-related videos to aid you in your job search.
- Resunate – Compare your resume to a specific job description and receive tailoring instructions.
- InterviewStream – Choose from thousands of questions, record practice interviews and assess your performance.
- CareerQuest Resume Builder – Create a basic first resume from scratch.
- CareerShift – Search, store, and organize the elements of your job search in one place.
- Career Insider/Vault – Get insider information on companies, jobs, and schools through rankings and reviews.
- Focus 2 – Assess your strengths, research related careers, and plan your career path.
Don’t miss out on these valuable resources! Check out our recent webinar, “Essential Tools to Elevate Your Job Search,” to learn more about each of the tools, including information on how to access and use each tool. Click here for a copy of the PowerPoint presentation.
Courtney Hine is the Career Services Coordinator at University of Maryland Global Campus. She has a Bachelor of Science in Management from Pennsylvania State University and began her career working in retail management before transitioning into higher education. She has a strong background in customer service and enjoys working with students and alumni to help them achieve their career goals. Courtney manages all of UMGC’s online web tools and provides specialized advising in the areas of resume and cover letter review.