Presentation of a case study to show how linking workforce development to organizational goals improved performance and effectiveness
Adelphi, Md. (April 30, 2014) — University of Maryland University College (UMUC), a leader in distance and online education, is conducting a presentation and panel discussion and exhibiting at the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) 2014 International Conference and Exposition in Washington, D.C.
Sunday, May 4, 2:00 - 3:15 p.m., Room 152B
Leading from the Front: Leadership Development through Higher Education
This presentation and panel discussion shows how UMUC has collaborated with the Baltimore Police Department for seven years to develop future leaders who can innovate and improve organizational effectiveness in the increasingly complex and demanding environment of public safety.
Presenters/panel members from the city of Baltimore include:
- Marc A. De Simone Sr., Ph.D., director of training and education, Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management and Public Safety, City of Baltimore; Collegiate Professor at UMUC
- William Goodwin Jr., DM, chief, Baltimore City Fire Department (Ret.); Adjunct Professor at UMUC
- Jarron Jackson, detective sergeant, Baltimore Police Department
Presenters/panel members from UMUC’s Corporate Learning Solutions
- Patricia Delaney, Associate Vice President
- Shelby Sours, Senior Account Manager, Baltimore Police Department
- Emily Mitchell, Assistant Vice President, Client Relationship Management
UMUC Corporate Learning Solutions partners with employers to
- Build talent and leadership
- Link education to strategic goals through relevant programs
- Offer employees the opportunity to earn job-related credentials from a respected, accredited university
- Provide pathways from corporate training to degree completion opportunities
- Streamline recruiting for in-demand positions
- Collaborate on curriculum focused on critical skills gaps
UMUC’s Exhibitor Booth is #1435. The Expo will be on Monday, May 5 – 7, 2014 (Hours: Monday 9:30am – 3:30pm, Tuesday 9:30am – 4:00pm and Wednesday 9:45am – 1:30pm)
The UMUC exhibit will highlight how to address skill gaps through building talent and finding well-qualified applicants.
Schedule a meeting with a Corporate Learning Solutions representative in advance by calling 301-985-7542 or e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a convenient time.
About University of Maryland University College
University of Maryland University College (UMUC), established in 1947, is a world leader in innovative educational models, with award-winning online programs in disciplines including biotechnology, cybersecurity, data analytics, and information technology that are in high demand in today's increasingly technical, global workplace.
UMUC offers open access with a global footprint and a specific mission --to meet the learning needs of nontraditional students whose responsibilities may include jobs, family, and military service. The university offers bachelor's and master's degrees, a doctoral program, and certificate programs.
UMUC faculty comprise scholar-practitioners who have distinguished themselves in their fields as well as in the classroom. The university is renowned for its online student support services, which include 24/7 access to information and library services with more than 100 online databases. UMUC also offers evening and weekend courses on-site at more than 20 locations in the Maryland-Washington, D.C., metropolitan area and serves the educational needs of the U.S. military in 24 countries around the world.