Thanks for your interest in learning more about the Effective Writing Center! Below you can find contact information and also learn a bit more about your advising team at University of Maryland Global Campus.
The EWC offers students:
- Written and audio feedback on writing assignments (organization, introductions, transitions, conclusions, etc.)
- Answers to writing-related questions
- Self-study activities on research and writing
- An academic integrity tutorial
- Resources on topics from argument development to English as a Second Language
- An Online Guide to Writing and Research with related links and self-assessments
Learn more in frequently asked questions about the writing center.
Meet the Advisors
The EWC's experienced writing advisors are advanced undergraduates, graduate students, professionals, and UMGC faculty. They are trained in an intensive program that includes mock and live student writing requests. They are available 24 hours a day for one-on-one, online writing advice.