What is a tuition assistance form? +

A tuition assistance form is an agreement between you and your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) authorizing UMGC to bill your account charges to the agency or sponsor. This tuition assistance form can be a purchase order, standard form from your employer, or tuition assistance contract on company letterhead.

Where do I get a tuition assistance form? +

Tuition assistance forms are provided by your employer. Please check with your human resources department to confirm the process for applying for tuition assistance.

What kind of information must be listed on the tuition assistance form? +

Your tuition assistance form should include the following:

  • A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by your employer, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule adjustment fee, or late registration fee; no credit will be granted for any fees unless specified
  • Your name and UMGC identification number or the last four digits of your Social Security number
  • The semester or term covered by the document
  • The billing address
  • The signature and contact information of the authorizing official

Where should I send my tuition assistance form? +

Submit your tuition assistance form at the time of registration using one of the following methods:

  • Web form (preferred): Visit the Help Center. Under the Contact Support header, find "By E-mail" and click "Submit Documents." For Case Type, select Billing/Payments. Under Assistance Category, select Tuition Assistance. Complete the remainder of this form and attach your tuition assistance form. By providing us with the required information in this form, you'll help us expedite the processing time of your authorization.
  • E-mail: Please e-mail your tuition assistance form using one of the following addresses: tpmilitary@umgc.edu (military servicemembers), thirdparty@umgc.edu (civilian and corporate), and tpveterans@umgc.edu (veterans).
  • Fax: If fax is the only way you can submit your tuition assistance form, please fax it to 301-985-7858.

What should I do if I don't have the tuition assistance form by the payment due date? +

If you do not have an authorizing tuition assistance form when you register or by the payment due date, please make payment arrangements to pay the bill in full. UMGC offers an interest-free monthly payment plan that gives you financial flexibility by allowing you to spread out payments for tuition and fees over several months. View more information about our interest-free monthly payment plan or call 800-888-8682.

How do I enroll in UMGC's interest-free monthly payment plan? +

  1. Enroll in your courses as you normally would.
  2. Go to your Student Account Center. Please select Payment Plans and the term in which you plan to enroll. Follow the easy step-by-step instructions and your enrollment will be complete.
  3. Make payments according to your selected plan.

For more information about UMGC's interest-free monthly payment plan, please call 800-888-8682 to speak with a friendly, knowledgeable customer care representative.

When can I expect my tuition assistance to be applied? +

Tuition assistance will be applied to your account within two business days of receipt of the tuition assistance form. If your account does not reflect your tuition assistance payment after two business days, please call us at 800-888-8682.

When will you send the tuition bill or invoice to my employer for payment? +

Invoices will be sent to your employer (i.e., your agency or sponsor) after the add/drop period, which is about a month after the class start date.

Does UMGC accept tuition reimbursement agreements as proof of payment? +

No. Tuition reimbursement is an arrangement between you and your employer. You're responsible to pay your tuition by the due date regardless of whether your employer has reimbursed you.