You must meet the following criteria to apply for the Course Challenge:
- Having an official evaluation (See policy).
- Being well informed of all other Credit-By-Exam options.
- A GPA of more than 2.0 (See policy).
- Having no overdue balances on your UMGC Student Account.
In addition, you are not permitted to participate in Course Challenge if:
- You wish to challenge a freshman or sophomore-level language course in your native language (See policy).
- You have previously earned a grade (including a 'W' or 'I') in the course you wish to challenge (See policy).
- You are attempting to challenge a course that would act as a prerequisite for any course you have already taken.
Terms of Agreement
- UMGC is not responsible for determining students' prior knowledge or preparation for these examinations. Approval to take examinations does not guarantee award of credit; other conditions, such as appropriate score, must be satisfied. All information on credit-by-exam is subject to change without notice.
- Submission of the application constitutes your agreement to having the nonrefundable course challenge fee (current UMGC tuition) charged to your student account.
- Submission of the application constitutes your awareness and acknowledgment that the course challenge process can take four months or more for completion.