Welcome back. We're so glad you've decided to return to University of Maryland Global Campus. There are a few special requirements for former students to re-enroll, so please take a look at the guidelines below.

Students Seeking Readmission

If it has been more than two years since your last registration at UMGC, you must complete a new application for admission. If you were previously an undergraduate student and are enrolling as an undergraduate student again, you will not be required to pay another application fee. Likewise, if you were previously a graduate student and are enrolling as a graduate student again, you will not be required to pay another application fee. However, if you graduated from a UMGC undergraduate program and are enrolling as a graduate student, you are required to pay an application fee.

If you attended UMGC Asia or UMGC Europe within the past two years, please visit your online student account to complete a relocation form in your student account instead of submitting an application for admission.

If you are a servicemember who discontinued studies with UMGC due to service obligations and would now like to return as a UMGC student, please contact military@umuc.edu or 877-275-8682 so that we can help you continue with your studies. For more information, please see UMGC Policy 210.12: Readmission for Military Servicemembers and the Department of Education's policy on readmission for servicemembers.

If you are returning to UMGC after more than two years since your last registration, you may need to update your military documentation to ensure that you receive the reduced rate for eligible military servicemembers, spouses, and dependent children. Documentation must meet certain criteria, including the current military service expiration date for the servicemember or sponsor.

A Note to Former Overseas UMGC Students Now Living in the United States

If you attended one of UMGC's overseas divisions, are now living in the United States, and wish to take online courses, please contact military@umuc.edu or 877-275-8682.

If you attend one of our overseas divisions and wish to graduate from that division, you will need to contact the last UMGC division you attended for further instructions. To request transcripts or to receive degree completion information, write directly to the appropriate division listed below.

European Division
University of Maryland Global Campus
Unit 29216
APO AE 09102
Fax: 011-49-6221-378300
UMGC Europe website

Asian Division
University of Maryland Global Campus
Unit 5060, Box 0100
APO AP 96328-0100
Fax: 011-81-425-51-8305
UMGC Asia Website

Previously Dismissed Undergraduate Students

Dismissed from Another Institution

If you were dismissed or suspended from another institution within the past two years for academic reasons, you may apply for admission as a provisional student. Once admitted, there are restrictions on the number of credits you may take during a semester. You must contact an admissions advisor during your first semester at UMGC, and you must submit official transcripts of all previous college-level work by the end of your first semester.

If you are on disciplinary suspension or dismissal from any institution, you may not be admitted (or reinstated, if dismissed from UMGC) until we have reviewed the circumstances first.

Dismissed from UMGC

If you were dismissed from UMGC and you would like to be readmitted, you must first petition for reinstatement, then reapply.

If you were dismissed from UMGC for academic reasons, see the undergraduate catalog for information on the reinstatement process.

Reinstatement Procedures

  • Wait at least one semester before petitioning for reinstatement
  • Have all official transcripts from previously attended colleges and universities sent to UMGC, preferably before requesting reinstatement
  • Requests should be made through to reinstatements@umuc.edu

Deadlines for Reinstatement

  • Fall enrollment: July 15
  • Spring enrollment: November 15
  • Summer enrollment: April 15

Students must contact the Center for Student Success by e-mail reinstatements@umuc.edu prior to the deadlines for further instructions. After your petition has been reviewed, you will receive a written response.

For more information regarding the reinstatement policy, visit academic policies in the Administration section. Please keep in mind that reinstatement is not guaranteed, nor can you be guaranteed reinstatement in time to register for any particular semester. Students who have not been reinstated cannot be re-admitted to the university.

Previously Dismissed Graduate Students

If you were dismissed from The Graduate School, please see the graduate reinstatement policy in the Administration section. If you were previously dismissed from The Undergraduate School and have since completed a regionally accredited bachelor's degree program, you are eligible for re-admission.

UMGC Graduates

If you've graduated from UMGC with a certificate, associate's degree, bachelor's degree, or master's degree, you may be eligible for further credentials that will save time and money. You can turn a certificate into a degree, an associate's into a bachelor's, or a bachelor's into a master's. If you graduated from The Undergraduate School and are pursuing a program in The Graduate School, you must apply for admission to the graduate program.