Originator: Senior Vice President, Administration and Finance and Chief Financial Officer
Subject: UMGC Policy on Requisition Approval
This Policy applies to applicable approval levels for all purchasing requisitions. A requisition is a form used to request approval to make a purchase using UMGC funds. This Policy does not authorize an employee who submits a purchase requisition to sign procurement contracts, purchase orders, human resources/employment contracts and associated agreements or third party agreements. Signature Authority is covered by UMGC Policy 366.00—Signature Authority.
Purchase Requisitions that are used to purchase goods and/or services require the following:
- The UMGC Workday requisition form, or similar paper requisition form, documents the request and approval amount of a requisition entered by an approved UMGC requisitioner.
UMGC Purchase Requisition Approval
The requisition form must be approved by an authorized individual as follows:
- Under $25,000 (Level 1) – Approval by the appropriate Director, or higher is required.
- Between $25,000.01 and $100,000 (Level 2) – Approval by the appropriate Associate Vice President/Dean or higher is required.
- Between $100,000.01 and $500,000 (Level 3) – Approval by a member of the Executive Committee.
- Over $500,000 – Approval by the Chief Financial Officer.
|Current Policy||Prior Policy|