The Friends of the Arts Program is an annual contribution program supporting the Arts Program at UMGC. When you become a Friend, your contribution is used to help with costs associated with presenting culturally diverse exhibitions, supplemental education programs such as lectures and workshops, conservation and preservation efforts, scholarly research, educational publications, and the general maintenance of UMGC art collections. The Arts Program provides diverse visual art exhibitions with educational outreach lectures, book signings, symposiums, and meet-the-artist receptions, which have become some of the most recognizable and signature events for art patrons throughout Maryland. The Friends of the Arts Program allows you to network with artists, support artists and art, build collections, and socialize with friends while enjoying works of art by leading and emerging artists worldwide. By becoming a Friend, you not only support the educational mission of the Arts Program, you also receive amenities as a contributor.
Enjoy Friends of the Arts Program Benefits
- Name recognition in the arts newsletter
- Invitation to exhibition openings
- Associate benefits
- 10 percent discount on specialty items produced by the Arts Program
- 10 percent discount to non-fundraising events
- Arts Program lapel pin
- Friend-level benefits
- Autographed poster from the Arts Program collection
- Arts Program lapel pin
- All Bronze-Level Friend benefits
- Name recognition on the donor's wall in the Arts Program Gallery
- Silver-Level Friend benefits
- Full-color art catalog from a major UMGC exhibition
- Gold-Level Friend benefits
- VIP invitation to dinner with the guest artist and the university president
- 10 percent discount on breakfast or lunch and 15 percent discount on dinner at the Marriott Garden Restaurant at the College Park Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
- Platinum-Level Friend benefits
- Corporate name and logo listing on the Arts Program webpage, name and logo listing on all printed materials for exhibitions and public relations materials for the season
Support the Arts Program
The Arts Program offers unique opportunities for patrons to support the development of the arts at UMGC and in Maryland. The Support the Arts Program is another way that patrons can financially contribute to the Arts Program. This avenue for contribution is targeted at patrons who live outside Maryland and wish to help make the arts grow at UMGC. Contributions for this program are 100 percent tax deductible and support the operations of the Arts Program. The Support the Arts Program differs from the Friends of the Arts Program because patrons need not reside locally. Patrons of the Friends of the Arts Program enjoy certain amenities that can be experienced only if they live in the area. However, contributors have the option to support the arts by giving to either or both programs.
Patrons can contribute to the Leroy Merritt Center for the Art of Joseph Sheppard, establish an endowment to support future Arts Program exhibitions and events, establish an acquisition endowment for the arts, contribute works of art to UMGC, or work with our Advancement team to set up a living trust/planned giving program.
Choose How You Contribute
Your tax-deductible gift may be provided in the method of your choice, as donations of cash; real property; securities, trusts, or annuities; or insurance payments.
For your convenience, you may also arrange monthly electronic fund transfers or make a lifetime gift through UMGC's Ehrensberger Society.
To become a member, sign up online by following these steps:
- Access UMGC's Online Giving Form.
- Select either a one-time or recurring gift.
- Under Selected Designations, enter the amount of your choice.
- If you enter an amount under the "Other" designation, make sure to specify your fund choice in the next box.
- Continue to fill out the donation form with your information.
For more information about the Friends of the Arts program, contact the Office of Institutional Advancement.