Today, many workplaces require knowledge of management principles from multiple disciplines. The undergraduate certificate program in management foundations at University of Maryland Global Campus can help you gain that expertise through a flexible course of study focused on decision making, problem solving, and leadership.
In your certificate courses, you'll focus on management principles and organizational dynamics for today’s global, multicultural, and multinational organizations. You'll also benefit from a full spectrum of related business courses, covering statistics, business writing, marketing, finance, and organizational behavior.
These requirements are for students who enroll in the 2021–2022 academic year. For prior year academic requirements, visit our catalog archive.
About the Management Foundations Undergraduate Certificate
What You'll Learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Apply leadership skills to promote communication, ethical behavior, and quality performance
- Implement employment practices, encourage team building, and mentor junior staff members
- Communicate effectively with culturally diverse audiences using a variety of formats and technologies
- Assess and develop performance measures, feedback, and coaching to facilitate employee development
- Employ self-reflection and mindfulness of individual and cultural differences when interacting with others
- Research, plan, and develop processes and procedures that ensure organizational performance
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Create a management or leadership plan
- Learn about process improvement, federal contracting, and decision making
- Create decision matrices, balanced scorecards, and appraisal performance reviews for an organization
- Conduct a fishbone analysis and an internal and external environmental scan
This program can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s):
Management Foundations Undergraduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
Total Credits Required: 18
- BMGT 364
- MRKT 310
- HRMN 300
- A finance course chosen from the following:
- FINC 330
- FINC 331
- Two supporting electives chosen from the following:
- BMGT 317
- BMGT 335
- BMGT 365
- BMGT 380
- BMGT 464
- BMGT 465
- BMGT 484
- BMGT 496
- HRMN 302
- HRMN 367
- IFSM 300
Overall Certificate Requirements
Review the overall undergraduate certificate requirements on the certificates overview webpage.
This program is designed to help you prepare for supervisory or midlevel management positions.
About the Faculty
Our world-class faculty members combine academic credentials with a wealth of experience in the field.
Faculty members in this program hold or have recently held positions including
- Program manager
- Vice president
Our faculty work or have worked at organizations including
- Cartier International
- Discovery Channel
- Hilton Worldwide
- University of Maryland Upper Chesapeake Health