* All products and/or product company names are trademarks™ or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of these names does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of UMGC.
The Facebook™ digital marketing certificate at University of Maryland Global Campus integrates a foundational understanding of marketing principles with practical applications of digital techniques. In this program, you will learn how to create effective online content and use data visualization techniques to gain better insight into the customer experience. You’ll also get hands-on training in Facebook Ads™, Google Ads™, Google Analytics™, Google Sheets™, Google Slides™, MailChimp™, Microsoft Excel™, and more.*
Throughout the program, you'll examine the role of marketing in specific business contexts, use consumer behavior and psychology in the design of marketing strategies, employ best practices in simulating cost-effective marketing designs and selection of delivery modalities, and analyze how to use social media, e-mail, and other digital-based platforms for optimum marketing results.
The Facebook digital marketing certificate also provides access to customized career support services. This includes a career goals survey within the first course, a weekly newsletter highlighting relevant opportunities, hands-on interactive lab content, and video tutorials to optimize your resume and online professional profiles. You can also opt for additional services, including networking opportunities and interview preparation.
These requirements are for students who enroll in the 2020–2021 academic year. For prior year academic requirements, visit our catalog archive.
About the Facebook Digital Marketing Undergraduate Certificate
What You'll Learn
Through your coursework, you will learn how to
- Understand core concepts, including brand positioning, market segmentation, competitive analysis, marketing channels, and metrics
- Conduct A/B tests
- Create social media and search ads
- Build e-mail marketing campaigns
- Interpret and analyze results of ad campaigns using multiple platforms
In past projects, students have had the opportunity to
- Create a comprehensive digital marketing plan using core frameworks
- Write a blog post with associated content for two social media channels
- Analyze A/B test results and Google Analytics™ report data
- Create an original Facebook ad and analyze results using Facebook Ads Manager™
- Create an original search and display advertisement for an existing company
- Manage an e-mail marketing campaign using MailChimp™
This program can help prepare you for the following certification exam(s):
Facebook Digital Marketing Undergraduate Certificate Requirements
Our curriculum is designed with input from employers, industry experts, and scholars. You'll learn theories combined with real-world applications and practical skills you can apply on the job right away.
Total Credits Required: 18
- MRKT 311
- MRKT 355
- MRKT 356
- MRKT 394
- MRKT 411
- MRKT 458
Apply Credit to a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
Courses required for the undergraduate certificate in digital marketing can be applied to major course requirements for the bachelor's degree in marketing.
Overall Certificate Requirements
Review the overall undergraduate certificate requirements on the certificates overview webpage.
The digital marketing certificate follows these requirements, with the following exceptions:
- Prior Learning portfolio credit and Course Challenge assessments are not applicable to these courses
- This program does not accept transfer credit and requires that all courses be taken at UMGC
About the Faculty
While courses required for this program can be applied to major course requirements for the bachelor's degree in marketing, courses in that bachelor's degree program cannot be applied to this certificate program. Please keep in mind that this program does not allow course substitutions and does not accept transfer credits.