Move forward in your career and in your life with an online undergraduate or graduate business degree or certificate from University of Maryland Global Campus. Our business programs are designed to deliver highly applied, career-focused business education to our students, so that they can prepare for leadership roles in complex business environments and make decisions using data-driven approaches.
Take Your Career to the Next Level with an Online Business Degree
Find the Right Program for You
With our Program Comparison Tool, you can evaluate as many as three degrees, specializations, and certificates side by side. Explore program descriptions, cost, transfer credit, program formats, course content, and more. Found your program? Use our Time and Tuition Estimator to get your estimated tuition, fees, and graduation date.
Why Study Business at UMGC
- Benefit from a global campus: UMGC was founded to meet the needs of working adults. Take courses online knowing that your education is backed by the reputation of a public state university.
- Get undergraduate credit for your experience: We value the learning you've acquired outside of the classroom, and we offer ways to turn those experiences into credit by demonstrating what you know.
- Prepare for your next move: Student clubs provide professional development and networking opportunities, and we offer job resources that can prepare you for your next career move in business.
- Learn from faculty scholar-practitioners: UMGC's diverse business and MBA faculty bring years of industry experience to the classroom and can help prepare you for the workforce with practical, applicable knowledge.
- Earn an MBA faster and for less: Earn a respected Master of Business Administration at UMGC entirely online in just 18 months for about $25,000. Plus, we've replaced textbooks with no-cost digital resources for most programs, including the MBA.
Business & Management Quick Facts
Source: CareerBuilder | "Companies Planning to Hire More Recent College Graduates This Year and Pay Them Better" | 2015
Source: Glassdoor | "50 Best Jobs in America for 2018" | 2018
Source: Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce | "America's Divided Recovery: College Haves and Have-Nots" | 2016
The first thing that comes to mind on something I learned is ensuring you focus on core competencies when running a business. Too many small companies try to do everything versus focusing on those capabilities that they do very well. I still practice that today. We focus on the core services we can provide while utilizing the experts in those areas that are not our core competencies; i.e. accounting, legal, payroll, HR, contracts, etc.
President and CEO, Zavda Technologies
Doctor of Management
My UMGC professors had the ability to really drill down and press me for the most critical responses and reactions, whether in a paper, a presentation, or some other mode of dialog. That encouraged me to go deeper in terms of my critical thinking.
Milton Hall, MBA
Master of Business Administration
After I got out of the Navy, I needed a university that would help me transition to civilian life. At UMGC, my military advisor had my back every step of the way. I learned the management skills that allowed me to become a partner in a fitness company. Now, I'm making a real difference, and it's the best feeling ever!
Management Studies Bachelor's Degree